Our Lady of Loretto is situated near Downtown of Los Angeles, in the Southwest corner of 101 and 110 Freeways.
We were founded in 1905 (the original church). The current church was rebuilt in the late 1950s.
We are serving the multi-ethnic communities. Prior to the Divine Word Missionaries came to the parish in the 1980s, the parish was taken care by the Diocesan priests.
The Divine Word Missionaries, founded by St. Arnold Janssen, is a religious order that has been given the opportunity by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles to be the mandate of the Order’s mission. They emphasize the profound needs of all peoples, cultures and races. The Church must be a community that extends a welcome to all people, building a unity that protects and appreciates the richness of diversity.
In July 2012, the Archdiocese sent Fathers Hiếu Trần and Cristóbal Guardado as diocesan priests to serve Our Lady of Loretto. Since July 2012, Fathers Hiếu and Cristóbal have provided physical and spiritual formation for the community. In July 2014 Fr. Hiếu was named--Pastor of Our Lady of Loretto.
In addition, we have a wonderful school serving Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 8th grades. Our school is supervised by Mrs. Brito, Nivita.
Our lady of Loretto Catholic School TK-8th:
Our GalleryView the gallery.